Tips for Surgery Day
Our goal is to make you as comfortable as possible during your surgical procedure. Listed below are helpful tips to help you prepare:
Information for Your Mohs Surgery:
- You will be asked to remain for observation between stages.
- Therefore, plan to be in our office all morning and into the afternoon.
- Have all meals as normal, breakfast and lunch. We do recommend that you pack snacks and drinks.
- Take all medications as normal, including aspirins and blood thinners.
- Tell the doctor if you have any allergies to medicines or have a bleeding problem.
- You may experience some delay due to prior surgeries.
- Bring something to keep you occupied while your specimens are processed.
- Wear warm socks and clothes to the office on the day of the surgery (surgical suite is kept cool).
- Do not plan any other appointment or other activities on the day of the surgery.
NOTE: This cutting-edge skin cancer treatment is performed in one of our in-office laboratories, which is subject to stringent quality and personnel requirements established by the Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments of 1988 (CLIA). The practice is also proud to be a College of American Pathologists (CAP) accredited laboratory.
I've been to both the Altamonte and Dr. Phillips locations. I was checked in and out quickly and only waited about 15 minutes to see the provider. At the Dr. Phillips location I had a total body scan and felt comfortable with the female doctor and nurses. In the Altamonte location I saw Anette. I was having a cosmetic procedure done and was explained the process throughout. She is very friendly and caring and I would recommend coming here to my friends and family.
— Meredith L