Tips for Surgery Day
Our goal is to make you as comfortable as possible during your surgical procedure. Listed below are helpful tips to help you prepare:
Information for Your Mohs Surgery:
- You will be asked to remain for observation between stages.
- Therefore, plan to be in our office all morning and into the afternoon.
- Have all meals as normal, breakfast and lunch. We do recommend that you pack snacks and drinks.
- Take all medications as normal, including aspirins and blood thinners.
- Tell the doctor if you have any allergies to medicines or have a bleeding problem.
- You may experience some delay due to prior surgeries.
- Bring something to keep you occupied while your specimens are processed.
- Wear warm socks and clothes to the office on the day of the surgery (surgical suite is kept cool).
- Do not plan any other appointment or other activities on the day of the surgery.
NOTE: This cutting-edge skin cancer treatment is performed in one of our in-office laboratories, which is subject to stringent quality and personnel requirements established by the Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments of 1988 (CLIA). The practice is also proud to be a College of American Pathologists (CAP) accredited laboratory.
I have been seeing Mario MonteLeone for several years and have referred many people to him for skin cancer screenings. His is very professional, thorough and I trust him 100%! He found a serious issue that others overlooked. The team at Celebration Health is great! Friendly, attentive, professional and caring. I highly recommend Mario and his team at Celebration Health office.
— Sue Z S